Furnace & Duct Cleaning in Pine City, Fergus Falls & Alexandria, MN
Our furnace and duct cleaning service can dramatically improve the air quality in your home, make your furnace run more efficiently saving you money, and reduce the amount of dust in your home so you don’t have to clean so often.
We use special tools and have been thoroughly trained in how to clean furnaces and ducts. We work efficiently and always treat your home with utmost care and respect.
Furnace and duct cleaning is an important task that should be performed every 3 years. It should also be done immediately after new construction to remove and clean up construction dust and debris.
We use special cameras that allow us to see inside ducts to investigate what’s inside those ducts, and also to verify that we’ve done a good job of cleaning the duct work.
Dust Busters Cleaning Process
- Interior Protection – We have the utmost respect for your home, and property. Our technicians make every effort to protect your walls and flooring. We always remove our shoes to reassure you that we will leave your home clean.
- Access Holes – In order to gain access to the interior of the duct system we will need to cut an 8 or 10 inch hole in both the supply & return plenums and drill 3/4 inch holes to feed our Bazoca cleaning system. This will allow us to achieve maximum suction from the truck mounted system. These holes will also allow us to inspect the system and will be used in future cleanings. Snap plugs are then used to seal the holes between cleaning.
- Vacuum Hook-up – Our truck mounted Meyers Power Vac units have the capability of producing between 5,000 and 6,500 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) of vacuum. Unlike others who use portable electric units which are only capable of producing between 500 and 2,500 CFM of vacuum. Everything that we remove from the ductwork is contained and filtered outside in our truck mounted Meyers Power Vac units. Rather than being filtered inside the home.
- Openings are covered – All registers are covered with paper wrapping.
- Scrubbing tools – These are truly the heart of the cleaning system. Depending on the condition and construction of the ductwork, either air whips, pneumatic brushes or a combination of both will be used to “scrub” the debris from the duct walls. Each branch is then air cleaned to push any remaining debris to the exterior collection system.
- Branches and trunk lines – Scrubbing tools are used on branches and then mains to ensure all debris is removed and collected from the duct system.
- New Access Panels – The holes are covered by new metal access panels. These panels are screwed into place and then sealed with heavy duty aluminum tape to ensure an airtight seal. We then apply snap plugs to close the 3/4 inch holes used by the cleaning tools.
Customer Testimonial: Dear Dust Busters, Today I found out that your company did the most wonderful thing for our family: my mother had contacted you to come to our home to do a last minute air duct cleaning, as she and my husband have been trying to deep clean/sanitize, our home before our daughter comes home from the hospital. My daughter had just started college when she became very ill, and was placed in the ICU. I flew out to see her immediately and we have been here in the hospital for the past 3 weeks, after getting the terrible diagnosis of —. With no blood cells being produced — she has no resistance to any infection which is why my mother had contacted you to come and service our house. – not only did your company find the time to service our home when you were already booked, but my mom and husband sent me a picture of the invoice today that showed you did the entire service as “No Charge” to us!
I do not know how to tell you hom much this has meant to all of us at a time when the world seems very dark and unfair, and we are so frighted at what the future holds for my daughter and her medical battle!
We have all been moved to tears by this incredible act of generosity, and will make sure to let everyone know what Dust Busters has done for us, and what an amazing company you are!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, S.S.