Services – Dryer Vent Cleaning
Dust Busters offers an in-home safety inspection!
We check appliances in your home that may cause you issues such as:
Clothes Dryers – the biggest unknown fire hazard in your home
Refrigerators – the largest electric user in your home
Air Conditioning Units – the coils collect grass clippings, dirt and mildew
Air Exchangers – the fan systems, outside screens and duct work can plug up
When we are in your home we will show you little ‘Tricks of the Trade’ to help you maintain your property!
If your dryer vent is clogged then the heat will back up in the dyer.
We don’t just clean your dryer vents! Dust Busters will open up the dryer and clean the roller modules, the chute, the barrel, the electronics and then the vents from the dryer all the way out. We make sure that the vent is intact and we have the right tools to go through any plastic or metal tubing.
Once the dryer cleaning is done, we fire up your dryer and make sure that everything is cycling properly. We want to make sure that your dryer is working in tip-top form and most importantly, that it is safe!
A fire will always start inside the dryer not in the dryer vent!
That is why we offer this important service to help you keep your dryer properly maintained.
- Galvanized metal tubing is still the best and safest material for a dryer vent.
- Never use a flexible plastic vent on a gas dryer, even a small hole can create carbon monoxide poisoning in your home.
- Don’t use PVC piping, it will create static electricity and will plug up quickly.
- The maximum length of a dryer vent should not exceed 25 feet.
- Depending on how much laundry you do, clean your dryer and vent every 1 – 3 years.
Dust Busters will provide you with information to save you money and we can guarantee you, you will come back and shop with us again.